Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Shoes

What's the most exciting part of my week so far? It just might be the acquisition of my brand-new running shoes. Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the Beast:
Why are they called the Beast, you may ask? Is it because they are clunky and painful like a beast? Maybe. Actually, these nifty pair of Brooks running shoes are pretty comfortable, but they will take some getting used to. They have additional padding for the heel-striking inward-rolling strider such as myself. Sounds great, but it makes them a little weightier than I'm used to. Also, since I'm not used to running in the correct position that these shoes force me into, they leave random running muscles a little soar.

I was warned that would happen by the incredibly helpful saleswoman at the Fleet Feet running store where I picked these up. I'll be honest, I was very hesitant to set foot into the Fleet Feet. It was a little intimidating, and I was afraid they would kind of laugh at me or dismiss me when I walked in. It turned out to be quite an experience. I haven't had anyone put a shoe on me and lace me up since I was a kid. I'd sit down and take off a pair, and there she was slipping a new pair on my feet. I still had to do a little work, though. She had me run up and down the front of the store with each shoe so she could watch my stride and I could get a good feel. About five pair of shoes and several laps in front of the strip mall later, I had the ones. I had the Beast.

2 comments:

Neemah said...

I just came across this new Zamora dimension. All I have to say is, Hell Yeah!

I bought a pair of running shoes from a store in Fayetteville that actually recorded me running on a treadmill so they could analyze my stride. They then convinced me you should wear running shoes 2 sizes bigger than your normal fit. Now I look like a clown. Don't listen to that piece of advice!

Z-Man said...

I also was "taken" at Fleet Feet. Due to my "Pronation" (sic?), they sold me special shoes.
$100 later I love my Brooks running shoes.