Sunday, November 11, 2007

Just Do It

I've made a decision. I want to run a marathon.

I know it sounds crazy, especially since I still get winded climbing the stairs up to my third floor office. In fact, the furthest I've run at one time was a little over 3 miles. Inside. On a treadmill. About two years ago. I didn't say this was going to be easy.

I don't know where the compulsion came from. Maybe I just need some sort of hobby or goal in my life. Maybe it's because I turn 30 next year and want to enter the next decade of my life in better shape than the current one. Maybe it was seeing that glib Katie Holmes crossing the New York Marathon finish line without breaking a sweat. Maybe I just need that feeling of accomplishment in my life.

Whatever the reason, there it is. I've said it. It's out there. I plan to run in next year's New York City Marathon, and with this blog as my witness, you'll see me in the Big Apple next year. For now though, I need some running shoes.

2 comments:

Lady Robin M said...

WOW!!! Wow. Yes, I am impressed. Way to start off big! I ran a 5K once, Flip Puthoff was running it also, a few yrs. ago. I just wanted to finish in under 30 mins, which I managed, so I was happy.

Melissa said...

Well, this is a great goal. I can be your coach for a week! You can run and I'll follow behind on a bike. :P