Sunday, November 25, 2007

Back On Track

We are going to forget all about last week.

From the sickness to the missed workouts to the annual debauchery that is Thanksgiving. I came out with my game face on, but was quickly defeated. My sister put chorizo in the stuffing and made about a zillion different deserts. I'm only human, man. I couldn't resist.

But that was last week. One thing I've learned is that as soon as you let one or two bad meals or a missed workout get you down, it becomes very easy to throw your hands up and say 'forget it.' I could just have easily decided last week was shot, so why not have some pizza at the office the next day and just restart my plan Monday? Well, it's not a plan or a diet or a temporary state of healthy I'm going for.

If I'm going to run this marathon, it has to be a lifestyle change. It has to be about making the right choices everyday, and not getting discouraged when I slip up now and then. Keep you eye on the prize Zamora. The Capitol 10K is only 125 days away.

1 comment:

Z-Man said...

good luck z-man.
from Z-Man