Saturday, March 29, 2008

Read, Set...

Just one more day, and I am super excited. A little nervous, but mostly excited.

Today I arrived in Austin and met up with my friend and race running partner Bryan. We got a hotel, picked up our race packet and headed downtown to check out the race course.

I checked the elevation chart they had online before hand, but I was still surprised how hilly the course was. We drove it this afternoon, and I can already see the first half of the race is going to be kind of rough.

It also seemed really long. It just might take me a little longer than I expect.

But not to worry. I got a little motivation while I was downtown. Before our big pasta dinner, we caught a showing of my new favorite movie:

And to top it all off, I picked up some super cool head bands at Academy for Bryan and I to wear with our matching "I Hate Running" T-shirts.


You can't tell me these aren't super sweet.

1 comment: